Job Title: Legal Secretary
Reports to: Head of Family
Terms: Full time
Working in a friendly professional team, we specialise in high net worth divorce and relationship breakdown, we advise couples on creating pre-nuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements and co-habitation agreements. We provide a friendly, practical family law service, focused on protecting clients’ best interests and those of their loved ones for people across the Cotswold, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire, as well as in London and throughout the UK.
To assist with and provide a range of legal support and administration to Partners, fee earners and other legal professionals.
PRINCIPAL TASKS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dictating lawyer’s audio files and written notes
- Take telephone calls from clients, transfer calls and take messages
- Indexing and updating pleadings and discovery binders
- Collecting and delivering documents
- Managing diaries and making travel arrangements for one or more Lawyers
- Prepare correspondence and liaise with clients.
- Check legal forms and proof-read documents for accuracy.
- Maintain reference files.
- Organise and track case files.
- Record attendance notes in client meetings.
- Complete any necessary follow-up work from meetings as instructed.
- To comply with all relevant requirements of the firms working practices and procedures.
- To perform, when requested, any other task that could reasonably be expected of a post of this nature.
- Carry out duties given by the partners or employees faithfully and diligently and follow all reasonable instructions.
- Treat all information about the firm and its clients and their business as strictly confidential.
Client care and support
- To assist in providing a high quality legal service to all our clients, developing and maintaining good client relation skills.
- Ensure matters are dealt with in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Education
- Level 3 Diploma for Legal Secretaries preferred
- Legal Secretarial experience essential
- Family Law experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Equality and Diversity in the workplace and in the delivery of services to customers and the community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Health and Safety to ensure safe operations and environment for staff and customers.
- Familiarity with legal terminology and documentation
- High Proficiency in word processing software including MS Office
- Ability to work with a team of Lawyers and others in the organisation
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- A professional and courteous manner
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to use initiative and to work well under pressure.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Good spelling and grammar.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task.
- A willingness and capability to serve client needs and handle client relations at the highest level.
- Personable but highly professional.
- Enjoy working in a busy working environment.
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours may be required from time-to-time
LAST UPDATED: 19 August 2021