I joined the commercial law team at Tanners in January 2023, having trained at a City firm and worked for international law firms in London, Dubai, the Cayman Islands and Jersey. I have practised across a broad range of specialisms and sectors with a particular focus on commercial, corporate, finance and employment law. Having had a diverse career, I am well placed to provide my clients with clear and practical advice on a wide variety of commercial issues.
I advise clients on a range of matters, including:
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial contracts (including business terms, non-disclosure agreements, licence agreements, agency agreements, distribution agreements, joint venture agreements and franchise agreements)
- The disposal and acquisition of businesses and partnerships
- Director and shareholder matters (including shareholder agreements, shareholder exits, share transfers and issuances, corporate resolutions, director duties and powers, investment agreements, services contracts, etc.)
- Corporate governance
- Company secretarial matters
- Share dealings
- Company constitutional issues
- Banking and finance (including drafting and reviewing loan agreements, loan notes, documents ancillary thereto and security documents)
- Securitisations and notes issuances
I focus on understanding my clients’ businesses in order to provide them with concise, clear and pragmatic solutions with a view to achieving both legally and commercially satisfactory outcomes. I have worked for local traders and global conglomerates on deals worth up to billions of pounds, so no deal is too big or too small.
Outside of the office I can usually be found in the kitchen cooking for my family, in the shed creating dubious homebrews, watching another crushing disappointment for Aston Villa (2023 update: maybe things are not so gloomy!), attempting some sort of sport or exercise or simply exploring the glorious Cotswolds countryside.