I am an agricultural, rural property and residential property solicitor specialising in non-contentious property matters including the sale and purchase of farms, Estates, equestrian properties, country houses and other residential properties across the country, agricultural and residential landlord and tenant law, the grant of easements and rights of access.
I am also a non-Practising Rural Chartered Surveyor having previously worked in the Land Management Department of Strutt & Parker specialising in rural estate management and the valuation of rural, agricultural and residential property.
Coupled with my background as a farmer's son, my rounded professional knowledge and experience enables me to provide practical advice to clients.
My recent experience includes:
- Sale of a renowned vineyard and adjoining land together with the assets of the vineyard business;
- Purchase of a former riding stables and livery yard;
- Sale of a large farm incorporating a listed farmhouse and range of traditional farm buildings converted into commercial units, cottages and agricultural land – the sale exchanged contracts within 5 weeks of a sale being agreed with completion shortly afterwards;
- Sale of a large Country Estate with multiple owners and complicated title issues – after competitive bidding the sale exchanged within 4 weeks of a sale being agreed;
- The purchase of a Grade I Listed Manor House;
- Assisting in the purchase of a Grade I Listed Castle;
- The sale and purchase of numerous parcels of agricultural land and buildings, woodland and residential properties (both Listed and unlisted)
Away from work, I am at my happiest when spending time with my wife and children and walking our dog through the countryside around where we live. We also run a small holiday cottage and I enjoy meeting visitors from across the country and the world who come to stay with us.