It is likely that during the lifetime of a company there will be multiple appointments, resignations and removals of directors. Directors of companies are also subject to a range of liabilities, responsibilities and fiduciary duties. Directors can be subject to significant personal liabilities and sanctions for a failure to execute their duties correctly, including disqualification, fines and imprisonment. It is therefore vital that a director’s role is understood and managed correctly.
Tanners can advise with respect to all directorship matters, including:
- Appointing and removing directors
- Board meetings and good corporate governance
- Handling director resignations
- Claims against directors
- Preparing and advising on service contracts
- Fiduciary duties
- Roles, responsibilities and powers
- Insurance and indemnities
- Director protections and mitigating against risk and exposure
- Incapacity and death in office
Speak to our commercial law solicitors today
If you require advice with respect to your company directors, or you yourself are a director of a company, please call 01285 659061 at one of our offices in Cirencester, Cheltenham or London, or using the contact form at the top of the page.